Saturday, September 1, 2012

what a crock.

Since it's about time for sweaters, boots, s'mores, hot chocolate, soup, and all other things autumn-related, I thought I would post some of my favorite Crock Pot recipes from last year! It's a very dreary day, here in St. Louis, and I'm hungry.

Pizza Casserole

Ingredients:
1 box (16 oz) spiral pasta
1 lb. ground turkey (or beef, if you prefer)
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup pepperoni
16 oz. pizza/pasta sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella

Instructions:
1. Spray large Crock Pot with non-stick spray.
2. In medium skillet, brown beef or turkey with onion, garlic, pepperoni, and pepper. Drain excess fat/grease.
3. Rinse pasta and place in Crock Pot with drained meat mix. Stir.
4. Top with mozzarella.
5. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.

The World's Best (and Easiest) Pot Roast!

Ingredients:
2-5 lb. pot roast
1 envelope ranch dressing
1 envelope italian dressing
1 envelope brown gravy
red potatoes, baby carrots, chopped onion {I don't really put in a specific amount, usually just however many I already have. I don't put very many onions in, since I have to hide them from the World's Pickiest Eater, aka my husband}

Instructions:
1. Place vegetable goodness in the bottom of the Crock Pot, put roast on top of the veggies.
2. Sprinkle spice packets on top.
3. Add 1.5 cups of water.
4. Cook on low for 5-7 hours.

Chicken and Dumplings

Ingredients:
2-4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp. butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
1 onion, diced
1 tbsp. parsley
4 grands flaky refrigerator biscuits

Instructions:
1. Put chicken, butter, cream of chicken, broth, parsley, and onion in Crock Pot and cook on high for 4-6 hours.
2. Break up chicken with fork as it gets tender.
3. Stir in biscuits, cook for one hour.
{This is a meal that I don't typically cook during the week, while I'm at work all day, as it requires a little bit more attention than others}

Enjoy! In other news, I painted my nails white today. They've been metallic gold for the past few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love.