Wednesday, August 1, 2012

frerd cherken.

With all of this Chick-fil-a hoopla, I decided to put in my own two cents. I'm not exactly sure why, because I was just complaining to my mother about how irritated I am that EVERYONE on facebook is chiming in, when really, it's just so they can hear from friends that they are right. I am not looking for an argument, but this is how I feel on the whole matter.

Am I mistaken, or is today called Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day? Yeah? So, it's not called Eff You Gays Day, Burn in Hell Day, or Everyone Hates You Day? No? Cool. Last time I checked, it was ok to support a business under fire for having their own opinion. Here's the deal. I am pretty neutral on homosexuality. I am certainly not homophobic, but I am also not marching around for their rights. Why? Because IT DOESN'T INVOLVE ME. People are so quick to judge, and make sure their opinion is heard loud and clear, when they are not associated with anybody who is homosexual, nor are the homosexual themselves. So why do you care? Because people are bossy and nosy. They claim that it is because of their faith. Cool again. I am a pretty spiritual/religious, non-denominational Christian, but I don't need to shove it down anyone's throats. This relationship is between me and God. Not me, God, and every other sinner out there. If a gay couple is so deeply in love and wants to be together/get married, awesome. Kudos to you. I am happy that you are happy. I believe divorce come closer to ruining the sanctity of marriage than homosexuality (ahem, Kim Kardashian). But THEN AGAIN...who am I to judge people that get divorced?

But back to the first sentence of that paragraph. Two words. Free Speech. If you don't agree with the ethics/morality of a company, just don't go there. Stop condemning those that have a different opinion. My sister (http://bespectacledhoopla.blogspot.com/), has recently stated she is boycotting Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters, two of her favorite stores, because she doesn't agree with the manufacturing processes of said companies. She finds them unethical and such. I have not made that choice, but my dear Fifi has yet to contact me saying that I am evil, hateful, and apathetic towards the little children in third world countries that made my cardigan. From the liberals who are all for open-mindedness, peace, love, bla, bla...where do you get off with the name-calling and condemning of those going to support Chick-Fil-A? Hy-po-crites. If you don't want to be judged, don't judge others.

Situations like these make it very hard for me to respect people (FROM EITHER SIDE), and even harder to get on facebook.

Oh, and another thing. While everyone may think that the Chick-fil-A Corporation is THRILLED with the turnout today, I bet all of the teenage employees are SUUUUPER peeved about all of the lines/crowds.

I've never really liked Chick-fil-A. They have weird, deformed chicken.


No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love.