Tuesday, July 16, 2013

kevin and jeremy's peanut butter cookies.

Yes, I feed crumbs of these to my pup. She LOVES peanut butter, and I love how excited she gets when she smells cookies! Oh, Jeremy likes them, too.

My favorite thing about this recipe is that it uses CAKE MIX. Those of you that have been in my kitchen, you know that I have a cabinet dedicated SOLELY to baking, so naturally I always have about 5 boxes of cake mix on hand. Considering that it's just me and Jeremy (and we don't live close to family anymore, so sad!), it's kind of silly (or awesome?!) for me to bake a cake or a whole batch of cupcakes just for the two of us. Anyway, I have this fabulous cookbook (NO idea where it came from/how I got it) called 101 Things To Do With Cake Mix. There is a whole section reserved for COOKIES! WHAT! I love making these and packing them in cute little cookie/dessert boxes from Michaels, and giving them to my friends! They are much easier to transport than cupcakes ;)

What You Need:

1 box of yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 C oil
3/4 C crunchy peanut butter
1/3 C sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together cake mix, sugar, eggs, and oil until powder is completely dissolved into dough. Stir in peanut butter.

Roll dough into balls, and place on a greased cookie sheet. Press fork horizontally and then vertically around each ball to flatten (Ethan: "So THAT'S how you get the criss-crossy things on cookies!")

Bake 10-12 minutes, or until golden. Remove from pan and cool.



                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love.